While attending a going away party for a former colleague, a friend and reader of the website Don Steele put this together to send our mutual friend off in style.
You’ll want to make sure you have fresh peppers, as you’re going to use one for a garnish and you’ll want it to stand up to the highball glass being sat down and picked up again.
- 3 cup(s) Tomato Juice
- 1 cup Zodiac Vodka
- 3 tablespoons horseradish
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Ice Cubes
- 6 small Celery Stalks
- Fresh Poblano peppers for garnish
In 2-quart pitcher, combine tomato juice, vodka, horseradish, lemon juice, Worcestershire, red-pepper sauce, and black pepper. Pour the mixture into a highball glass filled with ice, garnish with the celery stalk and pepper. Add more tabasco if you like a bit more heat.
Nice and spicy with a clean finish.